Saturday, January 9, 2010

On Gmos

I have considered going a year without GMOS. This may prove to be very difficult. First, I would not be able to eat out, second, I would have to question everything that I eat, third, even if I ate all organic, I still might be fooled by mislabeling. It could be an interesting trip. After a year and a half of being vegan, I have given up, for many of the reasons above. It became very hard on my family, who are all Not vegan. It was difficult to eat out, be invited for dinner(in fact, dinner invitations ceased all together upon my announcement of veganism), on holidays,and especially while traveling. I had to pack Clif bars in bulk to stay fed. Airport food is awful for vegans as are most chain restaurants. So, can it be done? Will I loose my family? Will I go broke buying only organic? These are questions that I must answer first.

No comments:

Post a Comment